6-21-17 AKA the 30 hour day

Today we flew home, or started to at least. This is our last view... We flew from Glasgow to Dublin and had a decent layover with lunch at a neat cafe - I had a mozzarella panini. We boarded our 7 hour flight to Boston and knew that we had a 3 hour layover in Boston and would be getting home really late. However, upon landing in Boston around 6pm Eastern time (Midnight back in Scotland...) we discovered that our flight had been delayed, and instead of leaving at 9pm would be leaving at midnight.

Ok, so if feels like midnight and you find out you have to wait six hours in an airport before your next flight, which has a 2 hour drive afterwards.

I ended up putting my head on my knees and sleeping a while when the fatigue just overwhelmed me. Midnight came and we boarded the plane. I hardly remember it; I slept almost the whole way. We arrived in ATL at 2:40am and arrived HOME in our beds at 4:20am central time on 6-22.

Dan stayed awake the whole time. I was like a drunken drugged person and would not have made it without him. My Star app worked on my phone and you can see we were chasing the sun as we flew west on our 30 hour day.


No comments: