11-18-18

Dan was on a bike ride this afternoon so I sat out by the water and knit and decided to upload photos to my blog after two months of hiatus.
This morning we kayaked around Little Lagoon and walked on a trail in the Bon Secours National Wildlife Refuge. 

This is our little pink house by the lagoon.

My absence from chrissysphotoaday has been because I have been in a depression for a while now. Coming down here to the water has helped me realize some things I need to do to find balance and find myself again.

I want to do pottery.
I want to teach.
I want to knit.
I want to watch TV.

Everything else is competing for my remaining enthusiasm. When I fill that space up with writing a grant, there is no room for other fun things that define me. I need to keep that space reserved for what I want to do. If it's a research project, then do it only if I want to. If it's volunteer work or outreach or service, do it only if I want to. 

No comments: