7-25-19

I got a window seat and slept for the first two hours of the flight.

The scenery flying across the country was amazing. I used to remember flights where all you could see was clouds, but I got to see the landscape from Kansas to Washington State as if I were a bird.

I later found out that the volcanoes in Oregon were once islands in the Pacific Ocean! 


 

 


We arrived so tired, but we checked into our little apartment (it's so nice and quiet and smells great!) and met Squirt after work for dinner. This is his house. It's so nice!

I was tired and hungry and crabby so we didn't wait the 45 minutes that the hostess at the GOOD restaurant said it would be. Instead, we went to one across the street that had NO customers. I thought, good, we can eat soon. But NO. They did not have their act together and it took an hour for me to get a sandwich and for Dan and Squirt to get the saddest looking fish tacos I'd ever seen. My mom would have had a conniption fit. 

After "dinner" we went to a brewery and Squirt and Dan got a flight of beers. I got a photo with my boy. Priceless! 
We talked about this blog and how I have not been keeping it up, and I made a renewed commitment to do better because IT HELPS ME REMEMBER MY LIFE. I WANT TO REMEMBER THIS LIFE, THIS PRECIOUS LIFE. That's my boy. It took 23 hours from my house to his... but I would walk 5000 miles to see him.



No comments: