8-1-19

Malabrigo yarn... my favorite.
Making socks... my jam.

Today the crew left on their backpacking trip. I was determined to overcome my fears and get out of the house. So, I drove Squirt's car into town and parked and went to the yarn shop and bought some yarn... and had a nice conversation with a couple of women there. Then went to an art gallery where I met a potter that I'd been conversing with. Next week she's going to show me her studio. We talked for a long time and I bought one of her mugs.

Feeling victorious over my anxieties, I came back to the cabin in the woods and made a big tall glass of iced decaf, listened to The Potter's Cast, and knit. 


Things I want to do while I'm alone in the woods...
1. Get my class ready for fall
2. Write my sabbatical proposal
3. Review that article
4. Design a pottery business card
5. Pick blackberries and make a cobbler for when the crew comes back
6. Design Mom's book
7. Drink decaf lattes, listen to podcasts, and knit
8. Not be scared


No comments: