7-14-09

Today I worked on the quilt I bought. I needed two twin quilts but
found what I wanted only in a twin and a king. I looked all over for
another twin then resigned to modify the king. It has been way more
work than I anticipated. I hope to finish it this week.

Also today I performed an ancient native American ritual of cleansing
the house. I opened two windows in each room, lit a bundle of dried
white sage, and asked for a blessing in each room from the basement
all the way to the attic as I waved the smoking sage. It was powerful,
and I felt different things in each space and especially near the
piano. Afterwards I lit a white candle, sat and meditated in the room
I felt needed the most cleansing, played prayerful songs on the piano,
then went outside leaving the candle in that space. After a time, I
came back in the house, carried the candle from room to room closing
windows- the last being the front door. What surprised me was how much
the rituals resembled those in the Catholic church. Incense, white
candles, prayer, music, and blessings. It felt good and I feel at
peace tonight knowing this space has been blessed in a special way.

Took Friz for a nice walk after dinner. Tomorrow I plan to bike to my
office and work a half day there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your experience today was God's way of calling you back to rekindle a relationship with him/her.

Chrissy said...

I think it was God's way of showing me that my house can be a sacred space. I never thought of a house that way before now.