9-2-09

You gotta love the bus. It's air conditioned, you sit up high looking down on traffic, the bus has no fear and pulls into intersections a car wouldn't dare, you need not worry about traffic at all- just sit back and enjoy the ride. Today I took Bus 2S into school. It picks me up at the end of my road about a 5 minute walk away, then drops me off about 10 minutes from my office. Walking that last 10 minutes I realized that Bus 9 was dropping people off right smack dab in front of my office building! So, on the way home I caught Bus 9 which took me to the other side of the arboretum. A walk through the woods and one block later, I'm home. Either trip takes about 20 or 30 minutes with the walking and waiting and traffic, but it's dry and cool and safe. No dodging cars on a bike. No getting all sweaty on a 40 minute walk. No parking hassles. Who invented the bus? You gotta love the bus.
Tomorrow I teach from 9 till 3:30 with a nice break for lunch. I think I'll be tired tomorrow evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: