11-5-09

Fig tree before bedding down for the winter. After taking this picture I used a rope to bend the branches and form as tight a circle as I could without breaking them. Tomorrow I will wrap the tree in burlap, circumscribe the tree with wire fencing, and fill the gap with leaves for insulation. Hopefully it will once again bear fruit next summer as it did this.

When we first saw this house, it was early spring and the tree was treated in this manner. Knowing that artists lived here, I took it to be a sculpture. An odd sculpture, but none the less. When we moved in and I saw the sculpture gone- and a fig tree in its place, I was quite surprised. Here. I'll post a picture of that "sculpture" as I first saw it. See the branches poking out from the burlap?


4-11-2009

'Twas a good day. I wrote today. And baked pumpkin cookies.
* Note 11/8/09 about those pumpkin cookies. Chrissy realized a couple days later why the cookies tasted remarkably like ginger snaps. She left out the pumpkin. She made ginger cookies. Doh...

No comments: