1-29-10

Today was supposed to be a writing day. It wasn't. I created an assignment, did some emailing and planning for next week, went out to lunch with a friend, did the grocery shopping, cooked dinner, then curled up by the fire on the floor and went to sleep.

At some point in the afternoon Dan came in the house saying, "Get out your telephoto lens, there's something that looks like burnt tar on the roof of the studio!" So, I had a look and sure enough it looked like burned tar. I checked out a photo of the roof from before we bought the place and there was no spot there.
So.... Dan went and had a look. See, doesn't it look yucky? Turned out it was ICE. Yes, ice. You see, the products of combustion are carbon dioxide and water vapor. Apparently water was condensing on the cap of the stove pipe and dripping off onto a stalagmite of ice on the roof. Dan scraped it off, and as he was climbing down I saw a drip fall. Wierd.
I hope I have more spunk tomorrow. Must walk.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: