1-9-10

It started snowing again last night. The trees were beautiful when I woke up this morning.



Late morning we walked from our house to a shopping area about 2.5 miles away to visit a store that sells reproduction antique lighting. We found three chandeliers we liked for our dining room, took pictures of them, then went to lunch.

After lunch we went back to the shop and the owner's grandson drove us and three chandeliers home.
The owner met us to give us her opinion.

It was unanimous- we all liked the "Venetian."
We bought it.
Dan installed it tonight.

It has a star for the ceiling and is supposed to symbolize Galileo and his telescope in Venice. Whatever. It's very classic looking with a contemporary twist. We love it.
I think we should have gotten clear bulbs instead of frosted ones though.

Dan is going to install a dimmer switch so we can turn the lights down for effect.


I did some more shoveling so the sidewalk and driveway would be clear tomorrow, but it kept on snowing.
I made my first snow angel in ages.
It felt good.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mooniebutt said...

Ah, I wish Dan would've got a photo of you making your snow angel. I love that you made one! It's a great snow angel.