6-15-12





Big push today to prepare for tomorrow's yard sale. Squirt made signs and placed them, priced items, assembled furniture, and placed it all in the garage. Meanwhile, I had to focus on writing the IRB protocol for my research at my new university, who's IRB process looks onerous.

Salmon on the grill for dinner, with fresh corn. 13 days to go. The song, "These Are Days" played this evening and I sat at the kitchen table crying, scratching Frisbee's head, and drinking water. Water in, water out. Kids come, kids leave. It's wonderful to have them in our lives. I will miss this time in my life, this extended period of parenting. When they all left the nest three years ago, I cried, and my mother said, "Don't worry Chrissy. They come back." and they did. But I will miss Aza and the interactions of the four of us on a daily basis. Maybe Jes will come back some day. Perhaps for her Ph.D. Do you hear that, Jes and Root??? The sound of cicadas and the smell of honeysuckle in the damp cool evenings? Is it calling you?

No comments: