7-27-19

Crater Lake! We woke up early and picked up Squirt and drove a couple hours to the ancient Mount Mazama, which blew 7700 years ago, leaving behind a caldera that filled with water. We hiked down to the water, which was easy. Dan and Son went swimming. I got my feet wet. We ate lunch on some rocks. I felt very peaceful until I had to climb over the rocks with the ground that was basically dust/cinders and very slippery. We hiked back up out of the caldera and I was doing great until my brain decided it didn't have enough oxygen and started to forget stuff and feel dizzy. From then on, we stopped periodically so I wouldn't pass out. Made it to the top,  and the two guys decided they needed another hike. So, they dropped me off at the lodge, and went to climb another peak. I got a few blissful hours to myself knitting in a rocking chair looking over the lake.
On the way back to Eugene, we stopped at a pub for dinner and had fish and chips.


No comments: