7-29-19


We left Eugene this morning and stopped after my car nap in Salem, the capital. We walked to the capitol building and arrived just in time for a guided tour to the tippy top where the gold plated frontier man stands. Unfortunately I was in a bad way and the building had a terrible sound echo problem so I had a mini melt down. Low blood sugar? I dunno. But after that experience, which was cool, but which I likened to a visit to a haunted house at Halloween, we had a fabulous lunch at a restaurant downtown and I felt better. Then we drove to Astoria for our AirBnB and the town proved to be really cool. After a pizza and salad dinner at a brewery, we climbed up this tower on a hill and had the most amazing view of the rivers and the Pacific and the mountains and town.



No comments: